jeudi 7 avril 2011

Michael Savage





If Daniel Pipes and Robert Spencer serve the movement by providing intellectual arguments for its rank and file, Michael Savage serves as its angry rabble-rouser. And Savage's reach is remarkable: His radio show Savage Nation reaches a reported 8.25 million listeners per week (Talkers Magazine, Spring/08), the third most popular political talk radio show in the country (trailing only Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity).

Savage is notorious for his relentlessly hateful language--he was fired from his MSNBC gig when he labeled a caller a "sodomite" and told him to "get AIDS and die" (FAIR Action Alert, 7/7/03)--and Muslims are often his target. "When I see a woman walking around with a burqa," Savage told his listeners on July 2, 2007, "I see a Nazi…a hateful Nazi who would like to cut your throat and kill your children."

Savage sees a monolithic Islamic scheme to take over the U.S.--"We know you want to take over America. We know you wanna push your religion down everyone's throat," (Savage Nation, 7/2/07)--and imagines himself one of the few brave souls standing up against the onslaught (10/29/07): "I'm not gonna put my wife in a hijab. And I'm not gonna put my daughter in a burqa. And I'm not getting on my all-fours and braying to Mecca.... I don't wanna hear anymore about Islam. Take your religion and shove it up your behind."

Savage has even called (4/17/06) for killing a hundred million Muslims, saying that people
are very depressed by the weakness that America is showing to these psychotics in the Muslim world. They say, "Oh, there's a billion of them." I said, "So, kill 100 million of them, then there'll be 900 million of them." I mean, would you rather die--would you rather us die than them? I mean, what is it going to take for you people to wake up? Would you rather we disappear or we die? Or would you rather they disappear and they die? Because you're going to have to make that choice sooner rather than later.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire